CAN I GET A COMPREHENSIVE TRADEMARK SEARCH?
- Absolutely. This is critical and we highly recommend this level of search.
- Your comprehensive search results are analyzed by a licensed attorney, before we recommend moving forward with a trademark filing.
- The comprehensive search includes: federal registry, websites, social media, state registries, various databases, and common law trademarks.
- The search is a predictive tool. Your search result will include an opinion letter as to how likely your trademark application will be met with an office action by the USPTO examining attorney. We do this by assigning a risk factor to your potential application. A "high risk" application is one that we feel has significant impediments and thus will likely be met by at least one substantive office action that will be difficult to overcome. A "low risk" application is one where we believe that no significant impediments exist and that the application should have little issue being approved. Most applications are rated as "medium risk." These are those applications where we believe impediments may exist, but that they more likely than not can be overcome by a solid response to the substantive office action.
- While the search is a valuable predictive tool, it is never a guarantee as the final say as to what impediments exist and whether they can be overcome lie exclusively in the hands of the USPTO attorneys.